Dear docMOF contributors and participants,
As the symposium is now around the corner, we would like to take this opportunity to send some last minute advice and information regarding transportation, organization and schedule. Please take some time to look over the logistics so that the event may go smoothly.
Regarding transport to and from the conference site:
The docMOF team is organizing only one shuttle bus from Munich. This is scheduled to depart at 14h30 (29th of April) from Garching-Forschungszentrum (Munich U-Bahn). It should take around 1:30-2:00 hours. In order to find the meeting point in Garching, we have put together some directions, which you can find here. To return to Munich (or Garching-Forschungszentrum) there will be a shuttle bus from the hotel the 2nd of May departing at 17h00. These shuttles are free of charge.
If this option does not fit your schedule, there are trains to and from Burghausen, where the hotel is located, every hour (Munich airport – change in Munich – change in Mühldorf – Burghausen; travel time: approx. 2-2:30 hrs). However, these will have to be paid by the participants.
Finally, during the event, we will have shuttles from the hotel to the conference venue every morning and evening.
Regarding schedule and registration:
The final schedule is available here, together with the book of abstracts. After participant arrival by shuttle bus, the registration and conference welcome will take place at the hotel starting from 4 pm. You will also have the opportunity to pick up your conference badges and have a meal as an evening buffet. This is followed by a welcome speech by Professor Fischer from TU Munich.
Final day activity:
You can find here the list of activities and the people which are in each group. Please double check to see if you are attending your original choice.
For the Wacker plant visitors:
- The plant management has sent a list of safety instructions which participants are required to read.
- The participants will also have a short introduction/presentation at 13:45 in the monastery main hall.
- The bus will leave the monastery at 14:45 and it will bring the people directly
to the plant for the tour.
- The participants will be back at the hotel around 16:30.
- All participants must wear long pants and sturdy footwear during the visit to
- Please have your ID card with you all the time.
- Additional safety information will be provided during the conference.
Information for the Castle tour
- The participants on the list should confirm their attendance during the first
day of conference. Once confirmed, it is mandatory to take part of the tour.
- If the participant does not show up after the confirmation the fee for the tour guide will still be applied.
- The participation fee (5 euro per person) must be paid to the tour guide
before the tour starts.
- The bus for the castle tour will leave the monastery at 13:30 and will bring
back the participants to the hotel.
- The meeting point is in front of the entrance of the castle (Curaplatz which is
few meter away from the hotel).
- Coffee will only be served during coffee break at 11 am (not before), so drink as much coffee as you want in the hotel restaurant 😉
- Welcome dinner (29th April in the Hotel): only 2 beverages are for free (2 drink cards), extra beverages must be paid by yourself.
- For those who are interested, Monastery tour (30th April) divided into 2 groups at 15:00 and 15:10, It will last around 30 minutes.
- After dinner (30th April and 1st May at the Monastery), beer or soft drinks are
available for purchase.
- Castle tour will be divided into 2 groups, the list of the names is available in the
information desk. Please organize yourself within the group. The price is 5
- Those who are not interested in the Castle tour nor Wacker plant visit can take
the bus that goes to the Castle tour and get off at the hotel.
- Participants are supposed to check out on May 2nd in the morning. They can
leave their luggage at the hotel and take them after the secondary activity.
A PDF with general information from the local event organizers can be found here. It contains further information for when you arrive at the event. We are of course at your disposal for any questions or inquiries you might have. Please contact us by email at: email@example.com
Hope to see you all soon in Raitenhaslach,
the docMOF team